3.03.2014

Try

I hear very often that I am soooo brave because I decided to go on an exchange. Friends, neighbours… It makes my parents proud of me.
But is it really like this? I don’t consider myself a brave person. For me, brave are people who fight for their freedom in  Ukraine or Venezuela, people who commit themselves to do voluntary work in some African country on their own expense or those who risk everything to make their dreams come true.

My decision was not brave at all. Actually, I’m in a very convenient position right now. I live in probably the safest place on earth with all needed facilities. I’m financially secure and my only responsibility is to show up during classes and complete necessary tasks. I can travel and representatives of Høgskolen i Nesna are willing to help me whenever I need anything. And still, for some my decision of coming to Norway is a clear demonstration of bravery.
So hear me now: you don’t need incredible courage to do something like I did. You just have to take this chance. Such offer won’t happen again and you will regret you didn’t do it. If you hear about Erasmus – try. If your university offers you apprenticeship in different country – go for it. If you come across AIESEC project – take part in it. I know it’s easier to complain about life, but opportunities are everywhere and they don’t need courage, they just need your will to do something with your life. Memories are created by us and our decisions, and when one have a family and work and is a serious man with serious stuff to do, it is much harder to leave everything and start to gain experience.

I always push my friends to do something more and torture them with my enthusiasm. In my perfect vision I inspire my friends and in return they inspire me. Unluckily, in practice it doesn’t always work that way and I think that is why sometimes it is so hard to do my best (or to do something at all…). But at least I try! And I know that someday I will woke up and I will be happy. I haven’t even slightest idea when it will happen, where will I be or what will I do then, but it’s not the point. The point is to try.
That is what I am doing now – I try. I hope that in the future I will – with full awareness! – admit that I did something demanding bravery, that I tried and I was successful with my trying.

That’s a little bit messy, I know. Probably it doesn’t make any sense and when I’ll see it later I say ‘WTF’. However, I have to accept the fact that writing this blog and sharing my weird thoughts is quite nice experience, even if no one will bother to read it.

Regards,

crazy Agata

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz