2.03.2014

Impression

It’s so quiet and peaceful around me… I ate breakfast and started to wondering what should I do now, since I don’t have any specific plans. I think this silence prompted me to write something for my (still empty) blog. But I don’t want to write about everything that has happened here or about every place I’ve been. I’ll do it differently. I don’t promise it will be in interesting, but I want to share some of my favourite moments with you.

I'll start with my very first impression from Norway. Oslo-Torp. Plane landed, me and Gosia found the way from airport to the train station and we got into the bus. Thanks to unbelievably kind bus-driver we could drive with him for a little while until our train came. But in my memory this driver is just an addition to more important things.
Imagine: the only reason why you like winter is Christmas and snow, and for some reason (global warming and such things, I guess…) the last months in your country were basically snowless. And then, you get the opportunity to go to the land of snow. Sounds perfect. And so it was. Tons of snow everywhere, magnificent forest , lovely horses walking around, small houses largely sprinkled with white powder… Amazing view! I couldn’t feast my eyes! But our train arrived, we got in and as the travel proceeded north there was only less and less snow. We don’t have any snow in Nesna now, but I believe it’s only temporary…



Another view that I ABSOLUTELY fell in love with was the sunset during our way back home from island called Onøya. The trip itself was really interesting and pleasant, but when I was standing on the boat, outside, with wind dispelling my hair in every direction, with salt everywhere, with this beautiful sky and vast sea around me… It’s so hard to describe this beauty, but I was simply ecstatic then! Especially that small islands were scattered here and there. And in all that my favourite piece of landscape were waves created by the boat I was on. Foaming and noisy, but somehow perfectly fitted to the scene. I liked it so much that I used the photo taken that moment as a background for this blog :) 




The last picture is the hardest to describe, in particular because it amazes almost in the same way every time. Northern Lights. Who haven’t heard about them? Northern Norway is famous for them, but I didn’t expect that I’ll see this wonder of nature so many times… To be honest, before I came to Nesna I wasn’t excited about Northern Lights at all, just some lights in the sky, somewhere in the northern part of world, whatever. Ohhhh, how wrong I was! When I first saw them I changed my mind completely, and from then on every night I sit in front of my window waiting for something to show up. Funny thing about this phenomenon: when forecast says it will happen tonight, it just don’t happen, but when you’re sitting at home in your shorts scrolling Facebook wall: Yoo-hoo, here it is, waiting for you… But of course there is no time for dressing up! You run like hell! And then you end up standing in the cold night, staring at the sky and just admiring those gorgeous green waves sliding through the starry black surface.




When I look at this wall of text that I just produced I can hear ‘tl;dr’ comment in my head, but I wrote everything in a good will! I only wanted to share with you a glimpse of what I see and how seemingly ordinary view can become much more exciting if you simply look at it from different perspective.
So that’s my message for today: if you think there is nothing beautiful around you, it means you just don’t open your eyes wide enough!

Regards,

Agata

P.S. All pictures used in this post were made by Margaret :)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz