4.03.2014

Northern Lights

I think this one will be really short. According to one of my friends I created this blog to brag. Of course I denied it! But well, that's what I'm going to do now! 


The only reason for this particular entry is to brag about the Northern Lights that I have seen this evening. 
As I highlighted before, this phenomenon always strikes me with a tremendous force. So when I saw it tonight shortly before the midnight I ran straight to my flatmate, Ola, I wrote to Gosia, and we went together to the shore to soak up the view. Gosia, of course, took her camera and there is a possibility she'll let me use some photos she has taken. In the meanwhile, me and Ola stood there staring at the sky, extraordinarily full of bright, glimmering stars. 
It was so weird: because of indisputable beauty of those millions of stars I could not focus on the green lights in the northern part of deliciously black surface above us... Everything was perfect... I would only place this moment in the middle of summer, so that I could lay in the grass and enjoy it for longer... To make it even more exciting, shooting star show up for a split second... I hope my wish will come true - it's possible, I will just need some favor of the fate :) 

Considering the fact it was freezing and we didn't plan to go that far for so long, we just got cold and decided to go home. Believe me, this decision was heartbreaking! But all in all, after a while the lights disappeared almost completely so we didn't miss much. 
As I got home I prepared some tea and sat in my armchair right next to the window with an amazing view to the fjord and mountains on neighbouring islands. I couldn't help myself and I was gazing all the time on the (still a little bit green) night sky. Aurora borealis wasn't that bright as before, had some ups and downs, but eventually I got a lot of extra pleasure from looking at this scene of fading

In the end, I draw a conclusion that the travel to Norway was worth the effort at least for such view. I'm sure that my companions will agree with that! 

Regards,
Agata

P.S. I was wrong, it's not short at all....

1 komentarz:

  1. Of course it was worth going there! Yeah, the view was amazing. If it wasn't that cold I could gaze at sky the whole night and I won't be bored. It's a kind of magic, like a gift from the sky... <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń